History

With almost 30 years of history in the air, Curtin Flying Club has certainly had a colourful past! Here are just some of the highlights of the club. If you have any more history to add – or especially old photos to share – we’d love to include them. Please contact the Club Secretary and we will continue to update this page.

1975

VH-DAB

Curtin Flying Club is formed at Jandakot Airport by a group of university flying enthusiasts who lease a two-seat Cessna 150.

 

2006

April – Club moves its operations to The Aeroplane Company

December – Club disposes of a number of aircraft

 

2008

C172CYF

August – Club moves its operations to Minovation

November – Cessna 172S CYF acquired

 

2009

C182QCFC

CurtinMVD

March – Club’s trusty 1980 model C182Q – aptly registered CFC – is sold

August – Old faithful C172 MVD sold

November – Curtin Flying Club’s current workhorse – a 2003 model C172S registered CYQ – is acquired

 

2011

KXW1-1000

August – CYF sold and 2008 model G1000 equipped 172S KXW acquired. The flagship aircraft is named after Curtin Flying Club founding member Bill Clarke

 

2012

October – Club moves its operations to present aircraft manager RACWA